Friday, May 18, 2012

Cultural Experience

Salbona from Africa, Last night I got to stay with a family that lives in the rural area! Getting there was a challenge because the roads were very bad! Once I got there and met my host mother I was a little nervouse because I was staying alone, with no other Coe student. It ended up being an experience of a lifetime! No running water or pluming. We cooked dinner over a campfire, and I even got to try Millie meal, which is a corn pourage. In the morning I got up to watch the sunrise and see the kids off to school. Then we made 5 house visits with the nurses walking a total of 10 miles which seemed all up hill in very uneven ground! It sure was an experience I will never forger and I loved my awesome family! Everyone on the trip is doing great! Today we will hike and go zip lining! I can't wait! Breakfast is waiting for me so I better go eat! Thanks for reading, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment